It’s Your Time
Information and Exercises To Get You Ready For a Great Retirement
According to retirement expert Donna McCaw, successful retirees approach their retirement the way an experienced outdoors person approaches a canoe trip, by over-preparing and then going with the flow.
Like a canoe trip, retirement can be both safe and exciting, and retirement expert Donna McCaw shows readers how in this practical and entertaining book, now fully revised and updated.
It’s Your Time focuses on retirement advice for Canadians, but its principles are applicable to retirees anywhere.
McCaw shows how you can plan the retirement that fits you – how you can enter this fulfilling time of your life with confidence and flexibility, prepared for some pleasant surprises.
It’s Your Time gives you a heads-up in the areas of:
- GETTING STARTED – The emotional issues you need to consider before you make the leap into retirement
- FINANCES – The importance of knowing the financial facts about retirement, including your current worth and your cash flow now and during the stages of retirement
- HEALTH AND WELLNESS – The top health issues affecting women and men and how to prevent or manage them; understanding the aging process; the financial considerations of health care
- LIFESTYLE – Passive vs. active leisure and the value of volunteering
- RELATIONSHIPS – The importance of keeping in touch with family and friends and understanding the next steps for your relationships
- TRANSITIONS – Considerations for managing the first year of retirement; how some retirees “revocate, relocate, and regenerate”; the secrets of the successfully retired
The author concludes her one-stop guide with a section of resources to help you plan for what is truly your time, your retirement years.